Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Do you play?

I have difficulty in office these few days, not only with Calvin if you are thinking but with a new batch of new staff coming into our company.

Its seems that recently my HR department suddenly resemble a hungry monster devouring anyone who seems to be interested in joining the company. Suddenly, its seems that office is filled with new faces.

The question of "Do you play?" is actually directed at would you play the dating game in the office. Would you date your fellow colleagues? The dilemma for me is that this new girl in the office.

Her name is Hope.

She first caught my attention because of her name is so unique. Before she even step foot into the office, we had our admin pool gossiping about how strange her name is. A lot of them started little jokes with regards to her name. Something went along the line like, "I HOPE she is nice and friendly to work with..." or "I HOPE she is a hot babe with curves...." or "Let's HOPE she doesn't quit after a few months...."

And then I met her. On her first day at work, she was lost and looking for the Ying's office to report to and I happened to just arrived at the office. So I took her to Ying's and left her there.

She is the young demure type. Her long hair is tied tightly into a pony tail, so tightly it pulls to her skull. Dressed in a fade pink short sleeved shirt and a black pencil skirt with her black specs perching on her rather sharp nose. A bit sharp for asians women. Look rather ordinary office girl, that is my first impression. Some of the colleagues held a mini Welcome dinner for her and other 5 the new staff after work. I was pulled along at the last minute because there was not enough cars to go round everybody and I happened to be doing some OT. So my car was pooled in as well.

There were total 4 cars are filled up nicely. Whether it was destiny or not, Hope was the only one left without a designated driver. Or maybe my male colleagues sabotage me. I never know.

Me: "Ok, ready to go?" (as I switched off my laptop)
She: "Eh.. okay.. wait.. if you don't mind, let me go to the ladies first,k?"
Me: "Sure."

Then I realised I was left in the office with Hope. The rest of them hurrily scoot off when it was knock off time.

Me: "Eh.. Try not to take too long!"

As I just finished slipping my laptop into my bag, she emerged with a smile. What a change!

Her pink shirt was buttoned down a little. Her long black hair was let down and brush to shine. She could be a model in Pantene with her long luscious hair. She touched up her make up, leaving a slight tint of gloss on her lips, giving an impression that her lips are pouty. She even took out her specs. For the first time, I notice that her eyes. Shining and big. Beautiful and watery. Like stars in the night. These eyes are framed by a set of thick long lashes. Overall, a WOW WOW WOW!


She: "Eh.. Karl, we can go now.."


I snapped out of looking at her lustily.


We got into the restaurant without much difficulty. The group had already started ordering their food without us. The whole eveninig, I couldn't concentrate much about the Italian food placed before me. My eyes and ears are on Hope. I couldn't help but impressed by this little lady. For one, just this morning I thought she is some sort of nerd, goody goody girl. There she surprise me with her change in looks. And over dinner, she debate with another colleague on global warming and discuss with someone else on shares. Boy, is she brainy and well read.


Usually, I would make a move to ask her out especially after having dinner, I was the one who sent her home. But.. the BIG BUT she works in my office and I usually draw the line at dating people from the same place I work in.


You wouldn't shit where you eat, would you?

6 Comments:

Blogger kellyMILKIES said...

NOPE. DO NOT DO IT!
It's gonna be complicated! ...
But... you like complications... =p

Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:47:00 AM  
Blogger . said...

since u draw a line... y still ponder over it?? :)

my advise is...

NEVER engage in office romance. thats it.. :)

.

Monday, August 13, 2007 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger GerPlayer said...

Agree. I'll never get myself into those complicated love romance in office. So try to keep a fair distance from her unless you want rumours to spread around office.

Monday, August 13, 2007 11:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

better stay out with office r/ships. things will get very complicated whether u 2 work out or not.

Monday, August 13, 2007 3:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried it before when I was a lot younger, its best not to aye.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:58:00 AM  
Blogger singaporeplayboy said...

Thanks everyone for your advice. I will try my best not to submit to temptations. LOL!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home